Banana bread is a nice alternative for lunchsandwiches. You can also eat it as a small snack.
• 3 bananas
• 50 g dates
• 3 eggs
• 100 g almond flour
• 50 g oat
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 30 g raisins
• 5 walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
2. Pulverize the oat until you get oat flour.
3. Mix the bananas and dates (without the stone) in a large bowl.
4. Mix the eggs in an other bowl until they get light and fluffy and beat them in with the banana-oat mixture.
5. Mix until you’ve got a smooth dough.
6. Beat in the baking powder, the oat and the almond flour.
7. Crush the nuts in smaller pieces.
8. Mix the walnuts and raisins through the dough with a spoon.
9. Spoon batter the dough in a silicone cake mold.
10. Bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
11. Cool the bread for several minutes in the cake mold on a wired rack.
12. Remove the banana bread from the mold and let it cool completely on the wired rack.
You can eat the banana bread plain, but it is also possible to eat it with cheese or to spread it with peanut butter, soft butter, jam, … anything you like.
Be aware that you can preserve a banana bread only for a day or two. It’s easy to cut the bread in slices and keep them in the freezer for a month.
Enjoy your lunch or snack.